Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Projects and Engineering, this position will be responsible for leading the successful execution of large, complex manufacturing projects and/or key accounts simultaneously and in accordance with the baselined schedule and cost budgets through co-ordination and influence of multi-discipline teams. May have direct reports.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for all project deliverables and baselines including schedule, cost and revenue budgets and cost forecasts from PO award through contract closure
- Production, submittal and tracking of change orders
- Regular customer and internal reporting at all levels
- Monitoring, adjustment and baselining of cost forecasts
- Leads production and revision of process documents
- Acts as a single point of contact for the life cycle of the project
- Leads all internal and customer meetings to identify and control scope, schedule and budgets.
- Coordinates technical interpretation as required
- Ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications; ensuring the documentation of project activities and deliverables
- May work with 3rd party inspection and/or EPC firms
- Leads team in continuous improvement activities
- Leads team efforts in accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
- Leads and participate in project closure meetings and financial meetings
- Acts as a mentor for other Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Responsible for monitoring project POC with a view to achieving business targets
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree from a 4 year accredited college or university
- 5+ years project management experience in a manufacturing setting
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Navitas ERP
- Experience leading small teams
- Experience with POC accounting