Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Shipper / Receiver. Reporting to the Shipping Foreman, this position is responsible primarily for shipping and as a back up to receiving of all parts and materials, signing for deliveries, packaging, and securing parts and units for shipment, maintaining clean and organized inventory for production, and accurate data entry. Additional responsibilities include the orderly storage and movement of materials from the point they are received, stored, and delivered to the production floor.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain records of Shipping Reports
- Prepare units for Shipping including documentation.
- Adequately package and prepare the ship loose items for each unit including accurate documentation.
- Adequately package and prepare parts for shipment to internal and external clients and vendors including accurate documentation.
- Accurate and timely receipt of incoming material
- Move parts between machines and storage areas in the shop using manual or automated means.
- Assist with general labor duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Wear PPE at all times, and observe Health and Safety policies
- Participate in the Health & Safety, Quality Control, and all other Company policies and programs.
- Maintain a safe clean shop floor areas as required
What You Bring
Your education and experience include
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Forklift Training and experience
- Able to read, write, and understand English
- Computer literate
- Able to process paperwork as required
- Previous experience in oil and gas code receiving an asset
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.