Operations Start-up Coordinator
Compass is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. With a “can do” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, and we’re proud of the exceptional team we’ve built at Compass. We have the following opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team oriented work environment.
Compass is recruiting a Start-Up Coordinator for its Fabrication Facility in Calgary, Alberta, reporting to the Production Manager. The role of Start-Up Coordinator is to assist in the coordination of the commissioning and maintenance of new units through the warranty period, and close the feedback loop for constant improvement in the Operations Group. This role will also develop the processes and policies necessary to ensure handoff to the Customer and the Service group for installation and commissioning is consistent and accurate.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop the procedures in the fabrication facility to ensure that consistent practice is followed for instructions on reassembly, photos for field support, details of ship loose and any items related to package deficiency.
- Liaise with Client field contact to determine requirements and schedule for unit commissioning
- Provide information package to Service area Co-ordinator containing start-up documentation, ship loose list/unit packing list, and any special requirements/tooling needed for successful commissioning, as directed by the Product Support Lead.
- Provide noted unit deficiencies and associated parts availabilities to Service area Co-ordinator if required.
- Provide regular reporting on actual warranty performance through standard measurement/ KPI’s.
- Manage field modifications for compressor packages which fall under new package warranty.
- Review Service commissioning reports, client feedback, and field vibration analyses for all compression packages with Service and Product Support Lead.
- Recommend Engineering/Design changes as well as procedural changes for Production from service/client/vibration feedback as part of a constant improvement culture.
- Provide unit updates to Service regarding Engineering/Design/Production changes that have resulted from the Service Commissioning and client feedback loop.
- Follow up with the field and Service on spare parts requirements for every project.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of gas compression experience in a technical role
- Ability to understand compressor performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technologist or experience in fabrication is an asset
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
May be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.