Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Supervisor, Manufacturing – Nightshift that will oversee the production operations of the designated area. Provides leadership and supervision to all hourly personnel in the designated area. Responsible for the safety, production, people (which includes coaching, counseling, discipline, and attendance), quality, cost, and delivery, KPI’s and adhering to the standardized supervisor routines for the area.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the daily direction, coordination, and evaluation of the designated areas. Leads & trains team members regarding the organization’s HSE policy and procedures. Responsible for understanding and promoting the organization’s procedural requirements.
- Follows the work priorities provided by the Area Manager and provides those priorities to quality control personnel assigned to the work cell station(s).
- Responsible and accountable for daily financial production metrics and KPIs that align to plant productivity targets.
- Actively looks for internal opportunities to identify and promote talent. Ensures that KPIs are communicated, and understood, and holds individuals accountable. Recognizes internal operator talent. Has the ability to identify and deliver operator training.
- Drives Compass approach with uncompromising integrity and overall responsibility for ensuring the work environment is adhering to the Code of Conduct, Compass values and behaviors. Acts as role model/influencer for other leads and employees. Responsible and accountable for the performance of self and others assigned.
- Manage and accurately report plant operating standards for the work area. Ensures employees understand, apply, and are accountable for plant standards and metrics.
- Understands the importance and value of standardized work and reporting metrics.
- Leads and conducts Safety Huddles, Safety Meetings, and Debriefs with the team.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Requires employee to constantly type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Requires operation of heavy equipment such as forklift, and scissor lift on an occasional frequency
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High School diploma
- Vocational or technical education is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership record in a supervisory role
- Strong ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving & root-cause analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Requires employee to stand for at least 50% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 50% of the time
- Requires employee to occasionally inspect the equipment, climb stairs or ladders, and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, vendors, suppliers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including all-weather conditions & unairconditioned facility
- Requires work in a loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawling to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, and steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- The position requires travel 5% of the time
- The position requires the employee to drive 5% of the time
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.