Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Reporting to the Assembly Foreman this position is responsible for overseeing the installing process and utility piping systems for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret blueprints, select pipe sizes, types, and materials such as supports according to specifications.
- Assist & lead daily toolbox meetings & lead stretching exercises.
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems using pressure gauges and/or other methods.
- Oversee productivity and performance of shop employees and physically assist in said tasks.
- Make sure the Quality Assurance Assembly Traveler is filled out on every job.
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Supervisor.
- Communicate with Supervisor/other Lead Hands to identify material or equipment deficiencies.
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression.
- Direct, coach, and mentor entry, intermediate, and senior employees as required.
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional.
- Shortage reports and lining up materials to minimize productivity loss.
- Participate in Compass Quality Control and Safety Program including accident investigations and inspections.
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety policies at all times.
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Supervisor.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Compression industry and rigging experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures and welding applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Compass Assistance Program
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.