Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Vessel Designer. Reporting directly to the Team Lead – Design, this position will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Project Engineers and Project Designers to deliver technically compliant, high quality, complete pressure vessel packages for fabrication.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design and Engineer pressure vessels according to established Company engineering/design standards and ASME Section VIII, Div 1 utilizing Compress software
- Manage multiple domestic and/or international projects
- Review vendor quotes (i.e. Pulsation Study reports, Proposal) for compliance to job specifications
- Read, understand and interpret P&ID’s to determine vessel requirements.
- Design ASME Section VIII Division 1 pressure vessels utilizing Compress software.
- Design ASME Section VIII Div 1 pressure vessels utilizing CadWorks/ACAD software and produce assembly and fabrication drawings
- Read, understand and interpret project quotes of one, or multiple projects
- Participate in project schedule creation and report updates as required.
- Participate in project meetings, both internal and customer as required.
- Identify and report any changes in scope.
- Liaise with shop staff to troubleshoot fabrication issues and ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Accountability for adhering to the project budget for design hours
- Prioritizing project workload to ensure drawing dates are met.
- Professionally and proactively manage project conflicts/road blocks/learnings as they arise
- Help to develop and maintain company design standards and associated documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, Diploma or Technical School Training in ME, EE, Computer Aided Design Technology or related field
Required Experience and Skills
- 10+ years in ASME Code vessel fab shop including creating/interpreting calculations, specifications, fab drawings, checking drawings
- Strong working knowledge of ANSI B31.3 and ASME Section 8 Div. 1
- Proficient in Cadworx, Compress, Autocad and Vault
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of ANSI B31.3 and ASME Section 8 Div. 2
- Knowledge of gas scrubbers, pulsation bottles, separators etc, as used in gas compression and/or production equipment, including the detailing of internals, and the fabrication techniques required to produce these products.
- Proficient with SolidWorks, Cadworx, and/or other 3D Cad systems as needed for creating and checking 3D models.
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.