Website Compass Energy Systems Ltd
Expert Solutions. Exceptional Experiences.
Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand of the Structural Department this position is responsible for providing skilled, high quality, welding for the fabrication of Compressor Skids while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or welding process specifications
- Follow all welding procedures as required
- Proficient in the set-up and operation of welding machines and relevant equipment
- Cut and cope structural steel
- Fit and weld skids and structural subassemblies
- Use radiograph, hand torches, welding machines, power, and hand tools
- Understand and participate in the Quality Control Program
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Must have: All position CWB ticket, FCAW & SMAW
- Fitting experience a strong asset
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: CWB.
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.