Compass specializes in designing and fabricating powerful, small to large compression and process package systems for the oil and gas industry.
Our experienced and skilled team has hundreds of years of combined industry experience, with a deep understanding of the oil and gas industry, and the compression and process packaging business. Over the last 20 years, we’ve developed a diverse and global client-base and our clients know they can count on us to consistently and efficiently deliver systems that successfully meet their unique, and often complex project requirements and specifications.
Our five business divisions enable us to design, fabricate, optimize, and support the life of our clients’ equipment.
- Compression – We offer a full range of reciprocating, rotary screw and rotary vane compressor packages, ranging from 5 HP to 8,000 HP.
- Process – We offer packaged process equipment, ranging from small skid-mounted units to inter-connected multiple module units.
- Retrofit & Surplus – We offer solutions that increase equipment operating efficiencies, horsepower utilization and operational flexibility.
- Rentals – We offer a well-maintained fleet of equipment available on a rental or rent-to-purchase basis.
- Parts & Service – We offer a robust parts supply. And our OEM-trained and experienced field technicians are located throughout western Canada and the Northwest US, and are available 24/7.
Compass is also unique in that we have our own purpose-built fabricating and packaging facilities, including our brand new 80,000 square foot Frontier facility. This state-of-the-art facility includes design, fabrication, assembly, sandblast and paint bays enabling us to seamlessly provide our clients with fully complete solutions.
At Compass, we focus on providing clients with the right solutions that meet the toughest standards, and with exceptional and memorable experiences, each and every time.
Creating Our Future
Compass’ owners established guiding principles that our Leadership Team follows today: work hard, and do the right thing.
Today’s Leadership Team is made up of talented industry experts who are loyal and committed to guiding Compass into long-term prosperity. Strong top-down leadership ensures values are shared at all levels and then translated into a positive experience for our employees and clients every step of the way. Leadership believes success is achieved when shared expectations are met.
Never satisfied with good enough, continual improvement comes from a culture of learning and sharing. Leadership encourages the Compass team to take initiative to improve experiences at all levels. This passion for development within the team has fostered an environment where each employee is responsible for helping projects become reality, and one that can transform client relationships into long-term partnerships.
With an eye on the future, and never ready to rest on today’s accomplishments, the Compass Leadership Team will continue to encourage growth and improvement.
Creating the ultimate experience for our team and clients requires hard work and dedication, but our Leadership Team has the vision, the drive and the right people in place to keep moving forward.
Health & Safety
No incidents. No excuses.
Compass adheres to the highest health and safety standards and follows industry best practices. We belong to registries including ComplyWorks and ISNetworld in order to provide complete transparency to our clients and the industry.
The health and safety of our employees, clients and the environment is a priority, and we focus on operating with zero incidents. We believe that all injuries, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable. As a result, we stand by our uncompromising commitment to encouraging a culture of health and safety throughout our company.
The health and safety of our team is a priority. We conduct regular safety exercises to develop safety knowledge and to increase the overall awareness and understanding of potential hazards. A commitment to safety positively impacts our operations and our employees.
A Certificate of Recognition (COR) established by the Alberta Employment and Immigration Partnership Program signifies Compass’ Health & Safety Program complies with industry standards. Continued certification includes ongoing external audits and quality assurance reviews.
Two decades of compression specialization
History Timeline 2001
- Compass Compression is established
- Caterpillar engine packaging agreement
- Cummins engine packaging agreement
History Timeline 2006
GE (Gemini) compressor packaging agreement
History Timeline 2008
- Change in Ownership
- Merged rental companies with manufacturing companies
- Partnered with Waukesha Engine Power
History Timeline 2009
Developed Rotary Vane product line
History Timeline 2010
- Ariel compressor packager agreement
- Frick compressor packager agreement
- Increased fabrication space for larger packages
- First VHP package (very high power) Waukesha 7042GSI
History Timeline 2011
- Introduced first 3600 series Caterpillar/Ariel JGC package (3500HP)
- Celebrated 10 years in business
- Expanded service division into northern Alberta and British Columbia
- Acquired Grande Prairie service company
- Expanded sales into Northern USA
- Received Health & Safety Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Awarded Ernest and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
History Timeline 2012
- Launched USA service division in Wyoming and North Dakota
- Vessel, pipe and skid fabrication brought in-house
History Timeline 2013
- Launched Retrofit Division
- Added 3rd facility (vessels & process piping)
History Timeline 2015
- Established Platinum participation in GE’s Waukesha Gas Compression Power Packager Program (direct purchasing of parts)
- Completed state-of-the-art packaging plant/head office Frontier facility and amalgamated staff
- Increased production capacity by 50% for large HP packages, freeing up production space for Vapour Recovery Units (VRUs) and small HP compression business
History Timeline 2015 a
Expanded product line with the launch of the Process Division
History Timeline 2016
Celebrated 15 years in business
History Timeline 2017
Brand Refresh: The brand name evolved from Compass Compression simply to Compass to signify its expansion beyond compression capabilities into the process market. The logo was given a fresh, modern update with new colors and simplified design.