Big Company Capabilities. Small Company Connection.
Compass (formerly Compass Compression) is a privately-owned Canadian corporation specializing in small-to-large horsepower compression and process packages. We have spent almost two decades attracting our industry’s top talent in compression and expanded those efforts into process in 2015, to create our team. With a “get it done” attitude and strong entrepreneurial spirit, our workplace has achieved sustained strategic growth. Compass strives to maintain its reputation as one of the most capable and customer-focused options for compression and process package customers.
Our goal on every project is to achieve alignment with clients on shared expectations and outcomes. The right solution, and an optimal experience, is at the core of our business. And our size gives us the ability to make this happen, no matter what.
Production takes place in our purpose-built facilities in Calgary, Alberta. With over 125,000 square feet of production capacity at our fingertips, we can always deliver on our expertise in small-to-large compression and process packages. In addition, our Retrofit, Rentals, and Parts & Service divisions offer customers full lifecycle support to elevate equipment performance.
Compass is experienced in domestic and international installations. With service facilities across Western Canada and Northwestern United States, we ensure our customers can rely on us when and where they need us.
Creating Our Future
Compass’ owners established guiding principles that our Leadership Team follows today: work hard, and do the right thing.
Today’s Leadership Team is made up of talented industry experts who are loyal and committed to guiding Compass into long-term prosperity. Strong top-down leadership ensures values are shared at all levels and then translated into a positive experience for our employees and clients every step of the way. Leadership believes success is achieved when shared expectations are met.
Never satisfied with good enough, continual improvement comes from a culture of learning and sharing. Leadership encourages the Compass team to take initiative to improve experiences at all levels. This passion for development within the team has fostered an environment where each employee is responsible for helping projects become reality, and one that can transform client relationships into long-term partnerships.
With an eye on the future, and never ready to rest on today’s accomplishments, the Compass Leadership Team will continue to encourage growth and improvement.
Creating the ultimate experience for our team and clients requires hard work and dedication, but our Leadership Team has the vision, the drive and the right people in place to keep moving forward.
Health & Safety
No incidents. No excuses.
The health and safety of our employees, clients and the environment is a priority, so we focus on operating with zero incidents. We believe that all injuries, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents, are preventable. As a result, we stand by our uncompromising commitment to encouraging a culture of health and safety throughout our company.
We make the health and safety of our team a daily priority, as our people are the foundation of our success. We participate in regular safety activities to develop safety knowledge and to increase the overall awareness to potential hazards. A commitment to safety positively impacts our operations and improves employee well-being.
Compass adheres to the highest health and safety standards and follows industry best practices. We belong to registries including ComplyWorks and ISNetworld in order to provide complete transparency to our clients and industry.
A Certificate of Recognition (COR) established by the Alberta Employment and Immigration Partnership Program signifies Compass’ Health & Safety Program complies with industry standards. Continued certification includes ongoing external audits and quality assurance reviews.
Two decades of compression specialization
History Timeline 2001
- Compass Compression is established
- Caterpillar engine packaging agreement
- Cummins engine packaging agreement
History Timeline 2006
GE (Gemini) compressor packaging agreement
History Timeline 2008
- Change in Ownership
- Merged rental companies with manufacturing companies
- Partnered with Waukesha Engine Power
History Timeline 2009
Developed Rotary Vane product line
History Timeline 2010
- Ariel compressor packager agreement
- Frick compressor packager agreement
- Increased fabrication space for larger packages
- First VHP package (very high power) Waukesha 7042GSI
History Timeline 2011
- Introduced first 3600 series Caterpillar/Ariel JGC package (3500HP)
- Celebrated 10 years in business
- Expanded service division into northern Alberta and British Columbia
- Acquired Grande Prairie service company
- Expanded sales into Northern USA
- Received Health & Safety Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Awarded Ernest and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
History Timeline 2012
- Launched USA service division in Wyoming and North Dakota
- Vessel, pipe and skid fabrication brought in-house
History Timeline 2013
- Launched Retrofit Division
- Added 3rd facility (vessels & process piping)
History Timeline 2015
- Established Platinum participation in GE’s Waukesha Gas Compression Power Packager Program (direct purchasing of parts)
- Completed state-of-the-art packaging plant/head office Frontier facility and amalgamated staff
- Increased production capacity by 50% for large HP packages, freeing up production space for Vapour Recovery Units (VRUs) and small HP compression business
History Timeline 2015 a
Expanded product line with the launch of the Process Division
History Timeline 2016
Celebrated 15 years in business
History Timeline 2017
Brand Refresh: The brand name evolved from Compass Compression simply to Compass to signify its expansion beyond compression capabilities into the process market. The logo was given a fresh, modern update with new colors and simplified design.